Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11-1-2011

Quick Lunchtime workout today. Everything is going relatively well. Got an appointment scheduled with the Gastroenterologist in a couple weeks for my gut issues, got the winter cover crop planted in my main garden plot at home as well as the plot at the community garden planted with veggies, finally got the hot tub up and working after 18months or so of having it, and my new Pendlay colored training bumpers should be getting delivered this afternoon. The bumpers are my B-day present. :)

Anywho, today's workout was quick and good. Started feeling just a little nauseous towards the end which means I was in the appropriate intensity zone. Very fast paced without much time between sets. BW was 259 this am.

Jump Rope 60x, 60x

Hot water soak forearms

Squats & Grippers supersets (actually continued to superset grippers with pretty much each set of anything else all the way to the end of the workout)
10x45
10x140
10x185
10x227
BH 25x#T, 30x#1, 10x#2
RH 4xE3, 1xF3, 4xE3, 0xE3.5 to 1/16, 3x1xEE, 33x#2
LH 2xE3, 1xBBGM, 2xE3, 1xBBGM, 2x1xE3, 0xE3 miss by hair, 13x#2

Standing Press
8x140

DO Oly DL (heels together)
5x140, 2x235, 2x280, 2x3x330

4 comments:

  1. Great gripper work Aaron! It looks like the hand strength issue is cured :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Russ, it does seem to be better but still not 100%. The Easy #3.5 I missed on today I got for 6 reps at my peak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you liking pulling with your heels together? Is it something that you've done in the past or just recently? I've just started doing it over the past couple of months and it's going quite well for me. Doing deficit pulls like that is extra fun lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, I hate it but it seems to be a good way to appropriately stress the muscles in my bad lower back without putting me out of commission. Sumo is much more comfortable with the back issues I have. I pulled conventional when I was younger same stance as my oly lifts. I started doing the heels together after you mentioned it recently and had never done it that way before then.

    ReplyDelete