Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October 2011 in review

Every month I'll do a review of my progress in strength gains and body transformation as well.  I've never looked back over a previous month before to see what I accomplished strength wise.  Now that I have I see that it is a very valuable gauge, especially if I'm feeling that I haven't really made much progress.  I recommend everyone do this at the end of the month so you can see where you started and where you are now.  I'm really looking forward to reviewing the whole year come January 1st to really see where I've progressed and where I need to focus more.

Project MiniMalice is off to a good start so far.  I'm down 4 lbs. this week...don't know about bod yfat or measurements because I didn't check them last week but from now on I'll keep track of those as well.

The crowning achievement for the last 3 months was taking 1st overall in AZ @ World's Strongest Hands and 15th overall worldwide out of 124 competitors.  Not only that but setting PR's in different feats of strength after each leg was very motivational.

Strength PR's
Pinch
-2x35/2x15kg loose plate pinch
-2x35+12.5 lbs. added
-5x10 loose plate pinch
-6x10's trainer +5 lbs. added
-40 lb. hex dumbbell deadlift
-50 lb. hex dumbbell deadlift
-45# hub +17.5 lbs. added
Thickbar
-Axle deadlift 340 lbs.
Grippers
-#2.5@20mm x21 reps
-#3@20mm x5 reps
-#3.5@20mm x1 rep
-IMTUG5 x8 reps
-Vulcan level 17@20mm

Overall it was a great month for grip strength but I am disappointed to see nothing for all around strength.  I guess that's because I didn't really do much weight lifting last month.  That changes starting immediately, though.  I'm going to get back to lifting consistently as well as working hard on my strength and conditioning.  I was hoping that the Mash Monster 2 gripper would have shown up so I could add that to October's list of accomplishments but I guess it'll just be the first of November's accomplishments instead :)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Russ, best of luck on the month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Russ! Another item I track to see is my total pounds and minutes worked out. I had kind of a crap month but when I looked back my workouts actually had a higher work density by 10% or so.

    ReplyDelete