Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thanks Aaron!

Hey everyone, Russ here.  Aaron has given me the opportunity to contribute to his blog so I'll try to add some interesting tidbits from time to time.  Aaron and Zac are already doing a great job here so hopefully I can add something of value :)

For those who don't know me, I live an hour and a half from these guys and I've been training my grip specifically for about a year and a half now with 5 months of that doing injury rehab.  Until mid August this year I pretty much only trained grippers with the odd RT and pinch workout thrown in here and there but was never consistent with anything other than grippers.  Since August I've declared war on pinch/thickbar and have seen all aspects of my grip go through the roof and now I'm pretty much addicted to working on pinch.  Then again, when you have the opportunity to train with Aaron and his bionic thumbs it's hard not to want to improve pinch...lol

Some of my most recent PR's are closing my 174 lb. 3.5 with a 20mm block set, axle deadlift 340 lbs., 2x35's +12.5 lbs. plate pinch, 5 dimes pinch and just lifted 6 dimes pinned (still can't get them loose but getting closer) and a 45# hub with +17.5 lbs. added.  I also achieved the MM1 cert in September and am waiting on the MM2 gripper to show up now to smash that as well.  Some goals I want to achieve this year are 2x45 pinch (I have to beat Zac), 6 dimes, MM2 (of course), HOSS 3.5 and axle deadlift 350#...and all this while cutting fat.

Thanks guys...train hard and have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Great seeing you post here Russ. You've accomplished some big numbers since your start and I think that they'll be going through the roof with your new training partners. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason! Hopefully I'll get out there to train with these guys more often. I always learn a lot form the Jedi master himself, Aaron :)

    I have my own blog too if you're interested in checking it out: http://thestrengthpit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well lookie what we have here! Welcome aboard Russ! Can't wait to read you you have to say. Would also love to train with you some. See ya around bro....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome duder! Glad to have you on here.

    ReplyDelete