Thursday, October 13, 2011

10/13/11 Workout and Thoughts.

I couldn't help it, I had to try one of my Wee Heavy Scotch Ales. Get to that in a minute.

Punished my body for a bit today.

1HP Warmed up with 61# BH
75# x 7 BH assisted lifts then hold for time.

Tempo Grippers
RH #2x 5,5,4
LH #2x 5,5,4
RH #2.5x 2
LH #2.5x 2 Both Forced Closed Tempo Reps

After the big squeeze on the 1HP my hands really warmed up nicely. I figure I will use my 2HP as a training apperatus for pinching 2 45s. I keep ripping my webbing open on my left hand. My 2HP feels smooth and round enough on the edges, but maybe I'm just squeezing so damn hard that my hands can't take my awesomeness. Maybe not.

I really like the Tempo Gripper workout. Really makes my hands feel as if they got worked out without not being able to use them for a few days. Good stuff. Getting gains from it too!

Now on to the scotch ale. Brewed it months ago, and am suppose to let it sit until around Thanksgiving. I just can't stand it. Had to taste it. Dark brown in color with low carbonation. Malty in nose and taste with some warm alcohol feel on the tongue. Slight buttery taste that might be some diacetyl flavors, but that is acceptable in this style of beer... to a degree. Could use some more carbonation for my taste, but it is a big beer, and this may come with more bottle conditioning. All in all, I really like this beer. As it is around 8 to 9% alcohol I can store it for a much longer period of time to let it age. I have two cases of 12oz bottles, so I do believe I will let a good amount of this just chill out for a while. If you are intersted in getting a bottle of this, let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment