Sunday, September 4, 2011

Training day with Tim Struse

Tim was going to do his MM5 cert on Saturday so I headed up that morning and acted as his witness for the cert. Then after the cert we had a nice training session together. Its been a few months I think since we have had a chance to get together for some training and he has gotten a good bit stronger especially on grippers. He manhandled the MM5 gripper and also finally closed my Easy #4 that he has been trying to close for some time. My grippers are still slowly coming back after the layoff earlier this year and way below my peak. However I did get a couple of nice Post-layoff PR's with 175# RH, and 164# LH. Can't even remember what brand or model the grippers were now. Tim had them lined up by calibration value on the wall. After that I hit my planned numbers on Pinch and was pretty happy. Good session.

Jump rope 100x

Grippers
10x #1, 6x #2, 2x E3
RH 1x 175#, close miss at 182
LH 1x 164#, close miss at 166

2" VBar
1x 225, 1x250

2H Saxon Bar DL
5x130
5x150
8x200, 8x200

Saxon bar clean and BNP
14x130

Saxon bar curls
11x95

Saxon behind back wrist curls
13x105

Saxon reverse curls
13x55

2" vbar hammer curls
RH 11x
LH 8X

3 comments:

  1. Great workout Aaron! Regular curls with the Saxon sure blew up my thumbs I can only imagine what reverse ones would feel like lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what y'all did after the cert since after you asked if he was sore on the MM5 thread. That would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, one word - Brutal. You should try them sometime :)

    ReplyDelete