Monday, July 25, 2011

Pinch Workout 7-23-2011

Zac came by on Saturday and we got in a nice pinch workout. My top sets were actually about 5# heavier than I planned due to overweight 45# plates but I didn't think about it until after the workout. Also I did some unscheduled 1 rep max effort testing because it was feeling so good. I took some video but still need to pull it off the camera. Layed some brick on the remodel after that and most of the day Sunday. Boy am I sore today.

Pinch
2H pinch Saxon bar
5x135
2x185
3x230
3x230
0x280 did not break ground
1x250 long hold

Saxon bar curl
9x95

Saxon bar behind neck press
95x10

Saxon bar reverse curl
10x55#

Behind the back Saxon bar wrist curls
10x105

1x 2-25s loose plate pinch clean and press

Blob
bunch of lifts RH, Negs LH

Broccoli Band Ext
2x65x

3 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to build one of those bars. Sure look like a bunch of fun. Are you noticing good carryover to the Euro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried my Euro since I started working with this. It's still packed up while I remodel the training area as are all of the calibrated plates for it. My plan is to see if there is any carry over once I get a chance to try the euro again and in the mean time just try to get stronger on the Saxon bar. I think a 275+ Pinch DL may be possible on it within the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually thinking about I probably haven't tried a Euro 2HP since March. Then after that I took about 3 months off from training all together.

    ReplyDelete