Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4-3-2012

Day 13 of my Primal Blueprint challenge. BW was 248.2 this morning. Feeling pretty good today but I had a few days since the last entry with some low carb flu symptoms. Not too bad. I had to read up on this a bit and found much good info out there. Apparently this happens with some people when their metabolism is switching from being primarily carb based to using more fat oxidation sources for energy. In the process of looking up this carb flu thing that I had seen mention of on the Primal boards I found some pretty good info on Metabolic flexibility. I've seen this term bandied about much but figured it was just some buzz word for a new diet. Turns out that is not the case and it relates to how easily a person can and to what degree switch between a "sugar" burning metabolism and "fat" burning metabolism. There is more to it than that as well but my summary stops there.


Haven't had much time to do much in the way of regular workouts lately. Trying to get the spring garden planted even though I am late. Little bit of thickbar here and there as I walk by the bar but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment