Friday, April 20, 2012

4-20-2012 updates

Today I believe is Day 30 of me being on the Primal diet. Everything is still going very well. I feel great and weight is still dropping. This mornings weigh in was 242.9#. I started taking measurements and skinfold testing about 10 days ago and it looks like I've actually gained some muscle just during the last 10 days in addition to the fat loss. The measurement show it in a couple places as well. So that is a good sign that I'm not losing muscle in this rapid weight loss that I am having.

On the workout front I have been mostly focusing on my thickbar weaknesses since the grip comp a month ago. My thickbar has been improving as has pretty much everything else I have tested lately. Bench I have not been pushing though and instead have been working on my problematic shoulder with some rehab type exercises. I also reduced the frequency of the benching and lowered the weight while upping the reps. Most recent workout I hit 275x8 so still not too bad. Hoping to lift the Inch replica DB again soon. I have not tried it since starting the thickbar focus work but the stuff I am doing should directly affect my strength on it. I will test it again at the conclusion of this training cycle. I tested on the IM hub in warmups yesterday and pulled 67.7# which was a good 5# increase over my previous best so that is pretty exciting. This also means the training plan is working well I guess. Anywho, that is all I got today. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment