Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm Baaack!

I took a posting hiatus while trying to finish getting everything wrapped up for the AZ Cactus grip contest. The contest went well and everyone had some great performances. My new 2HP setup seemed to be a hit as well as some of the other gear I built and I'm really happy about that. So I will be trying to get back into the groove of posting training, projects and updates.

First update is that I will be attempting to go Primal with my diet for the next few weeks. I had considered Paleo in the past but never really made it part of my lifestyle. I've had alot of health issues in the last year or so that I am hoping this change will address. Much more so than weight loss, although that would be nice too. A recent post by Ryan J. Pitts at StrongerGrip put the bug in my mind to check this out again. So I purchased the Primal blueprint 21day total body transformation for my Kindle and a couple cook books from amazon after checking out the marksdailyapple blog.

This morning I had my 2nd meal of the program and I have to admit it was awesome and I still feel sated and in a great mood hours later. That is just not normal for me. I'll let you guys know how it is going as I make it through this. Breakfast this morn was a 3 egg omelet with bacon, sauteed mushrooms, onions, broccoli and avocado. Cooked the eggs in the bacon grease and topped with fresh salsa. OMG!

Btw starting weight was 259# today.

- Aaron

2 comments:

  1. I have been paleo for over 5 years and have been very happy. There are many great blogs out there including mine. As I told Ryan, hopefully I can get strong at grip and you have success with your food choices. Good luck. Let me know if you have questions.

    http://escapetheherdblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you posting again and I hope the diet works out for you. Is it a bit of a Keto thing as well?

    ReplyDelete