Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5-1-2012

So a little over 5 weeks into the Primal diet now. Body weight this morning was 240.1#, so getting close to dropping under 240. That is really exciting for me! On a similar note I've dropped about 10# over the course of the month of April and about 19# since the beginning. Big initial drop was mostly water weight I'm sure. Training continues to go well. I tested on 1H Circus bar DL, 1H axle DL, and hub lifts yesterday. For the most part I had improvements of around 10% with the Hub being closer to 14% improvement over the course of the month despite the weight drop. Still gonna take it easy on benching for awhile longer to work on shoulder rehab. These were how the lift tests shook out yesterday.

1 hand Circus Bar DL (2 3/8")
RH 154# (had a little more in the tank)
LH 144# (Max effort)

1H Axle DL
RH 206# (more in the tank)
LH 185# (Max effort)

IM Hub lift
RH 70.2# (Max effort)
LH ~ 53# (Max effort, I think maxing on other 2 lifts affected this some)

5 comments:

  1. your progress has been great. have you considered getting your body composition tested? i have seen people get frustrated when the scale doesn't reflect changes they hoped for. as you are losing fat, you may be adding muscle making the scale # not a good gauge of what is really going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chuck, I've been tracking with tape measure and fat calipers as well as the scale. I have added a bit of muscle while losing and can see that in the measurements of the tape and calipers. I track the tape measurements in fitday and the caliper body fat calculations with another online calculator that I print out weekly. I realize these are not 100% accurate but I'm watching trending mostly anyway. I'm still a little north of 20% BF so it is hard to get an accurate reading with those tools but they are better than just a scale for sure. I think the accuracy will improve as I get closer to 15% or less.

      Delete
    2. good for you for tracking things in an intelligent way. you obviously know that scale weight is just one number to monitor. based on your strength levels, you may just be one of those genetic freaks who easily put on muscle when training, rest, and diet line up right.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff on that weight loss Aaron. Nice work on the circus bar too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress everywhere Aaron!

    ReplyDelete